Nonprofit 2.0 UnConference
There were lots of great people at the conference. All willing and able to share their questions and solutions. It was great attending the unconference, meeting so many wonderful and committed nonprofit professionals and learning from them! Here are some of my highlights from attending:
- Make big bets and make history
- Experiment early and often
- Make failure matter
- Reach beyond your bubble
- Let urgency conquer fear
I was glad to hear this again and reminded me of my blog post on learning from failure.
Paull Young, Director of Digital at Charity: Water shared their three principles of outreach. They have successfully leapt over the “donate now” in favor of a true relationship model of giving and engagement. Paull leads a strategy that focuses on three core elements that empower others to raise more money through the power of influencing others. Charity: Water strategy focuses on to power of individuals to:
- Give money
- Raise money
- Influence others to raise money
Other highlights include and but not limited to:
- You can’t tell your story as well as others can
- What kind of engagement would your organization have if your website mirrored the way you actually talk to people?
- How great leaders inspire action – See Simon Sinek Ted Talk here.
- “In social media – nothing you say is important – but what others say is.” Paull Young
- Transparency is good. Learn from failure.
- Commenting flow chart via John Haydon here.
- ACTion Alexandria VA raised $320,000 in one day for 72 nonprofit organization. Credit Razoo live tote board for success.
- Social media policies are important to have – See a blog by Valeria Venezia on this topic.
I hope sharing this information makes your digital strategy and fundraising better.
Entry filed under: A Better You, Fundraising, Nonprofit fundraising, nonprofit social media, Resources You Can Use!, Social Media. Tags: Case Foundation, Charity Water, fundraising online, Jean Case, Nonprofit 20, Nonprofit storytelling, Paull Young, social media and fundraising, telling stories.