Tis the season! Why do we wait for a holiday or ritual to celebrate?
Every day nonprofits make change happen, most change lives, many save lives. We need to celebrate all our successes – large and small. Make it a new ritual for you and your organization.
New Year’s resolution – celebrate all successes – large and small with the people who made it possible. For example:
- Staff who get it
- Individual donors who gave a little more this year than last year
- Foundation funder who maintained their support this year
- Board member who stepped up
- Volunteers and interns who got the job done
- Corporate partner who sent skilled volunteers instead of money
- TARP money – if ya got it – celebrate it
- Clients who succeeded or got better
Think about how you can celebrate at your nonprofit. It will keep create positive energy.