Let’s not complicate our work with nonprofit Board members – they can be our best advocates, fundraisers and major donors. Let’s treat them well!
Board members deep commitment and understanding of mission makes them our best nonprofit organization advocates and donors. Make “mission moments” part of every Board meeting and communication. Allow them to create their own mission moments so they can share a story that is meaningful to them.
Engaging our Board members has a ripple effect…Board members should be at the top of our priority list because:
- Engaged Board members can/will connect us to new prospects.
- Board members will help steward current donors.
- They can and will give more when well engaged.
- They make our organizations stronger.
- Tell and share the nonprofit organization story.